Nauta ®

The Nauta brand comes from the founder of Nautamix, Johannes Ewardus Nauta (1890-1957). In 1923 he started a factory in Haarlem where he started making machines for the animal feed industry. In 1946 he developed a conical mixer with a rotating conveyor screw that rotated along the boiler wall; the Nauta mixer was born.

Soon, the Nauta mixer was sold worldwide and Nautamix grew into a company with at its peak 150 employees and branches in Haarlem and Assen, Netherlands. In 1982, Nautamix was taken over by the Hosokawa Micron Group.

Over the years, the Nauta mixer has become a well-known concept in process technology and it is often used for educational purposes regarding conical screw mixers.

Nauta is a protected trademark, registered (®) in the name of Hosokawa Micron B.V. for the relevant classes relating to process-technological installations in many countries, including the European Union, United States, China and Russia.

Nautamix logo